Saginaw Bay Perch

Fishing reports from Saginaw Bay

Moderators: Probait, jewelry thief

kdawson

Saginaw Bay Perch

Postby kdawson » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:08 pm

Hey guys, Saturday we ran all over the bay trying to locate and find perch with no luck, W/T was 70 degrees, going to wait a bit till I get good solid reports on perch action.....KRD....

kdawson

Re: Saginaw Bay Perch

Postby kdawson » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:08 pm

We ran out to the spark plug & anchored up, no perch?, ran north to 3 sisters, no perch, ran east to gravel bar, no perch, ran south all the way to # 1, many boats but NO PERCH!, ran to the Sebewaing channel, all muddy, does anyone have a good reports for perch fishing??? thanks in advance, KRD :oops: ....8-16-13......

Laney Anne

Postby Laney Anne » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:51 pm

Ken, you should give Lake St.Clair a try... they should be going by now. We haven't been out yet for them but I usually start Perchin' at the end of July. Perch or Crappie rigs, some bigger emeralds and 14 to 22fow and you should be in business!

Good Luck!

kdawson

Postby kdawson » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:02 pm

Thanks Scott, I'll give LSC a try and see what happens, gotta be better that the bay......

kdawson

Postby kdawson » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:13 pm

Hey Guy's we ran back up yesterday to try the perch bite before this dismal weather hit, started @ Quanicassee which was slow, lots of dinks and throwbacks, saw a few decent 10 inchers dudes had in there buckets, but slow overall, pulled up and ran to Finn Rd, lots of throwbacks also, pulled up and hit Vassar Rd, same story . Strong north wind and cold temps sure did not help, I guess to sum it up it seems this perch bite is more hit & miss with no real consistency. I"ll wait for favorable conditions out @ the spark plug or LSC before getting into this cluster again.......KRD...

Return to “Saginaw Bay”