Pond fishing

Moderators: Probait, jewelry thief

KyleKlug123

Pond fishing

Postby KyleKlug123 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:07 pm

Hello there fellow fisherman! My name is Kyle Klug I am a new member here and I reside in the wadhams area, I am originally from capac born and raised, I am a big Time bass fisherman, and I am relatively new to this area, I am curious to ask if there are any local ponds or small inland lakes that are good for casting in the area? I see a decent amount in or around the Area but before I venture out to anything, I am not into tresspassig on ones property, I just was wondering if anyone knows of decent areas for large/small mouth bass fishing in the area, if you guys could give me some ideas on places to fish around here that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Probait

Re: Pond fishing

Postby Probait » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:25 pm

Welcome to the forum Kyle!
We do have a few ponds around that tend to hold both large mouth and pike while Black River will hold a wide variety of fish including Small and large mouth, pike, and catfish. The biggest pond in Port Huron is 40th St. which is located off of Lapeer Ave. There are ponds off of Allen Rd. near Lapeer at the baseball diamond and the outlet mall off of Range Rd. All of these ponds are great to fish; however, they do get weedy in the Summer months. The St. Clair river is fantastic for Small mouth bass using tubes as well.
Best of luck,
Joel Anderson

Return to “A place to introduce yourself”